Saturday, February 14, 2009

Band you should hear: The Reducers


The band: The Reducers
The music: driving, high energy rock and roll with English punk undertones
Hometown: New London, Conn

[note: This band veers a bit from the overall Southern-flavored vibe of most bands on this blog, but I've included them because they meet the #1 criteria here at Tallboy: they rock. ]

www.myspace.com/thereducers

http://www.thereducers.com/

I had never heard of The Reducers when I got an email from someone I didn't know saying they were great. And they were playing in my town in 2 days. This dude's overview of the band mentioned that they have been together since 1978 and it has been the same 4 guys since the band's inception. I was like, "They still have the same drummer they had in 1978? That's amazing." I went. They played. Fists were pumped. Beer was spilled. Sweat was sweated. Four 50-year old dudes rocked out like they were in their 20s. As I rode my bike home from the show late that night I thought, "If I hear one more music critic hipster motherfucker with his arty eyeglasses and messenger bag claim that 'Rock is dead' I'm gonna bust him in the chops!"

I'm interested in people's reaction to these guys - leave a comment or email me.









The Reducers

No comments: