Saturday, March 7, 2009

Listen Here: "Amphetamine" by Steve Wynn and the Miracle 3

The Band: Steve Wynn and the Miracle 3

The Song: "Amphetamine"

The Deal: fantastic down-and-dirty guitar leads over a great driving bass line. This song is one of the inspirations for this blog.

Longer description:

I stumbled onto this song while casually listening to a coworker's Pandora station and it kicks ass. I'm sorry, I mean it kicks ass! This song hits the ground running with a prominent driving bassline and very cool feedbacky guitar shit for the first minute or so. Then it's lyrics > more guitar > cool dual-guitar thing > guitar solo > vocals > the "I'm gonna live, until the day I die" refrain (complete with the great "Na na na na na na na yeah!" backing vocals.) The super slow fade-out serves this song well, as it gives you the sense that the band may in fact continue to kick ass indefinitely. Everything about this song rocks.

note: minimal research has lead me to conclude that a track this kick-ass in nature seems to be a one-off anomoly for Wynn.


Listen to Amphetamine" on Wynn's myspace page:

www.myspace.com/stevewynnthemiracle3

http://www.stevewynn.net/

Yeah, this may be kinda fucked up as I normally abide by copyright laws and stuff, but here's a link to the download::

http://www.sendspace.com/file/uovil8

No comments: